Latest updates: India added to travel red list, Hancock tells MPs, as number of Indian variant cases in UK rises to 103
- Under-30s less compliant with Covid rules, UK data shows
- ‘If we catch Covid, we die’: UK shielders reflect on still feeling unsafe
- Oxford trial to study effect of immune system on reinfection
- Britons working at home spend more time on job in Covid crisis, ONS finds
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
Responding for Labour, Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary, said he welcomed the decision to put India on the red list.
But he said he hoped there would be support available for Britons in India who now want to return.
Hancock says India has been added to the travel red list.
The rules will come into force at 4am on Friday. They mean arrivals from India will be subject to hotel quarantine.